Stanislaus County Community Transformation Grant (CTG)
The Community Transformation Grant (CTG) was created through the Affordable Care Act’s Prevention and Public Health Fund and supported fiscally by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CTG gives communities an important opportunity to develop and implement initiatives to reduce risk factors responsible for chronic diseases, the leading causes of death and disability.
As the nation’s public health agency, CDC’s mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. To that end, one of CDC’s five priorities is to advance evidence-based health policies. Environmental, Systems and Infrastructures Changes, provide solutions to an identified problem or need and is a core function of public health. As a CTG recipient, Stanislaus County Health Services Agency will focus on sustainable, population-wide evidence and practice-based changes in the communities of Stanislaus County.
830 Scenic Drive
Modesto, CA 95350
Phone: (209) 558-5657
Fax: (209) 558-7538
The goal of CTG is to create healthier communities by making healthy living easier and more affordable where people work, live, learn, and play.
CTG communities will improve health and wellness by developing strategies that focus on:
- Tobacco-Free Living
- Healthy Eating and Active Living
- High-Impact Quality Clinical Preventive Services
Stanislaus County Health Services Agency was awarded the Community Transformation Grant for Capacity Building (strategic planning) and will be moving toward implementation of pilot projects in Fall 2013.
Mobilize the Community
Tell Your Story
- Tell Your Story Outreach Plan
- What is CTG? Community Presentations
(Pre- Community Health Assessment Findings)
- Sharing the Data Presentations
(Post-Community Health Assessment Findings)
- Communication Plan
Community Health Assessment (CHA)
- Building Momentum Through Community - Outreach
- Making a Difference with Media Advocacy
- Communicating Public Health Webinar June 2013
- CDC's New Clear Communication Index Webinar July 2013
- New Communication Channels What They Are-Why They Are Here to Stay - Why You Need to Be There CDC Makes It Easy for You August 2013
- Building Our Understanding of Health Communications- Webinar September 2013
- Communicating with Local Leaders
- County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (Implementation Award)
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Implementation Award)
- Public Health Institute CTG in Small and Rural Counties (Implementation Award)
- Small and Rural Counties:
- San Francisco Department of Public Health (Implementation Award)
- Sierra Health Foundation – Healthy Sacramento (Capacity Building Award)
- Ventura County Public Health (Capacity Building Award)
The Stanislaus County HSA Community Transformation Initiative was made possible by funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.