WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
The WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program runs once a year for a limited time! In addition to their current WIC benefits, WIC families may qualify to receive a $30 voucher booklet (1 per family) to buy fresh and locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs at WIC-certified farmers’ markets and farm stands.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Must be currently enrolled in the WIC program
Apply for WIC or renew your WIC account by contacting us via
text: 888-413-8165 or call: 209-558-7377
Step 2: Meet us at the market!
Pick up your $30 voucher booklet at the Modesto or Turlock farmers' market from 8am-12:30pm at the following dates and locations:
- Modesto farmer’s market: June 11, 16 & 18
- Turlock farmer’s market: June 4 & 25
Step3: Visit a participating market or farm stand to redeem your vouchers.
Last day to spend your $30 voucher booklet: November 30
- Vouchers may ONLY be redeemed with WIC-authorized farmers’ markets and farm stands. See above for locations.
- Treat your vouchers like cash.
- Vouchers can be used to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs ONLY.
- Farmers may NOT give change or exchange the vouchers for money. Instead, ask for more produce.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged vouchers will NOT be replaced.
For additional questions about the WIC farmers' market nutrition program, contact us:
WIC Text line: 888-413-8165
Call center: 209-558-7377
To submit a complaint against a Farmer/Farmers Market: Click herehttps://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/